|Item Name||Cushioned Sleeve Bearing Coupling Flexible Coupling NBR Jaw Coupling for Pumps, Motors|
|Application||motor, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors
|Color||black or as Customer’s Request|
5mm To 8mm (customized)
|Package||According to Your Requirements|
|Processing Method||Compression Molding|
|Service||OEM and ODM Are Also Welcomed|
|Material||Customized. Aluminum, Stainless Steel,NR,SBR, NBR, EPDM, MQ, SR etc.|
|Sample||Available. Trial Sample 7 to 20 days.|
These stainless steel shaft couplers allow you to couple 2 size shafts together. They can be used for connecting motor shafts to drive shafts, or 2 different-sized shafts. These shaft couplers have a length of 0.75″, a outer diameter of 0.42″, and couple 1/4″ to 5mm shafts.
Connect this to that with a set-screw coupler. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to 2 shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
This coupler will connect a 5mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for motors. Comes with 2 sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You’ll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
Total Number of Personnel:>350 staffs (as of June.24, 2571)
Total Production scale: >35000 square meters
Head Office: HangZhousun Rubber & Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Compression Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
Branch Company: HangZhou Mingrui Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Molds, Refined Hardware, Intelligent Automation Equipment, etc.
Branch Company: ZheJiang Yousheng New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Extrusion Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
R&D and Quality Control
HangZhousun’s R&D team has more than 120 staff ,and gathers CZPT and creative experts and professors.
Keeping responsibility in mind, R&D team brings multiple capabilities, supports HangZhousun keep leading at rubber&plastics industry.
R&D team forms strict management system on each project in compliance with latest world scientific standard and requirements.
We strictly emphasize on quality and management control.
Our R&D and production management follows TUV & IS014001 Environmental System.
Beyond these, Our finished products meet approval of ISO9001, IATF16949 & UL quality control system.
HangZhousun can make our products meet standards as customer’s demand like CE, ROHS, REACH, CP65, PAHS, FDA, TSCA,etc.
(IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL INFORMATION OF OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS, WELCOME TO CONTACT AND CHAT WITH US. SHOULD ANY OF OUR ITEMS BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE LET US KNOW WITH THE HOPE THAT WE MAY WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. )
How does a flexible coupling contribute to the longevity of connected equipment?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in enhancing the longevity of connected equipment in various ways. It acts as a mechanical interface between two shafts, connecting them while accommodating misalignment, dampening vibrations, and transmitting torque. Here’s how a flexible coupling contributes to the longevity of connected equipment:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary functions of a flexible coupling is to compensate for both angular and parallel misalignment between two shafts. Misalignment can occur due to various factors, including thermal expansion, assembly errors, or settling of foundation, which can exert excessive stress on the connected equipment. By allowing misalignment, the flexible coupling reduces the stress transmitted to the shafts and connected components, preventing premature wear and failure.
- Shock and Vibration Dampening: Flexible couplings are designed to absorb shocks and dampen vibrations that occur during operation. Vibrations and shocks can be detrimental to connected equipment, leading to fatigue, wear, and premature failure of components. The coupling acts as a buffer, reducing the impact of vibrations and protecting the equipment from potential damage.
- Reduced Stress Concentration: A rigid coupling can create stress concentration points on the shafts, leading to fatigue and cracking over time. Flexible couplings distribute the load more evenly along the shafts, reducing stress concentration and minimizing the risk of failure.
- Transmitting Torque Smoothly: Flexible couplings transmit torque from one shaft to another smoothly, without introducing sudden torque spikes or shocks. This even torque transfer prevents sudden loading on connected equipment, minimizing the risk of damage or accelerated wear on gears, bearings, and other components.
- Controlling Torsional Vibrations: In systems where torsional vibrations are a concern, certain types of flexible couplings are designed to address this issue. These couplings help control torsional vibrations, which can be damaging to the equipment and cause premature failure.
- Thermal Expansion Compensation: When the equipment operates at different temperatures, thermal expansion can lead to misalignment between the shafts. A flexible coupling can accommodate the thermal expansion, ensuring that the connected equipment remains aligned and preventing stress on the components.
- Isolation from External Forces: External forces like impact loads or shaft disturbances can affect the connected equipment. A flexible coupling isolates the equipment from these external forces, protecting it from potential damage.
By providing these essential functions, a flexible coupling helps extend the lifespan of connected equipment by reducing wear and tear, preventing premature failures, and ensuring smooth, reliable operation. The longevity of the connected equipment ultimately results in reduced maintenance costs and increased productivity.
What are the maintenance intervals and practices for extending the life of a flexible coupling?
Proper maintenance of a flexible coupling is essential to ensure its longevity and reliable performance. The maintenance intervals and practices for flexible couplings may vary depending on the coupling type, application, and operating conditions. Here are some general maintenance guidelines to extend the life of a flexible coupling:
- Regular Inspection: Conduct visual inspections of the coupling regularly to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, corrosion, or any other visible issues.
- Lubrication: Some flexible couplings may require periodic lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for the appropriate lubrication type and schedule.
- Alignment Checks: Ensure that the connected shafts remain properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling and other components.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels in the system and ensure they are within the coupling’s rated capacity. Excessive torque can overload the coupling and cause damage.
- Temperature and Environmental Considerations: Ensure that the operating temperatures and environmental conditions are within the coupling’s specified limits. Extreme temperatures, aggressive chemicals, or corrosive environments can impact the coupling’s performance.
- Inspection After Shock Loads: If the system experiences shock loads or unexpected impacts, inspect the coupling for any signs of damage immediately.
- Replace Damaged or Worn Couplings: If any damage or wear is detected during inspections, replace the flexible coupling promptly to avoid potential failures.
- Periodic Re-Tightening: For certain coupling designs, periodic re-tightening of fasteners may be necessary to maintain proper clamping force.
- Follow Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Always follow the maintenance instructions provided by the coupling manufacturer. They can provide specific recommendations based on the coupling model and application.
It is crucial to develop a maintenance plan specific to the application and coupling type. Regularly scheduled maintenance, adherence to recommended practices, and proactive inspection can help identify issues early and prevent costly breakdowns. Additionally, record-keeping of maintenance activities can provide valuable data on the coupling’s performance and aid in future maintenance decisions.
What is a flexible coupling and how does it work?
A flexible coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two shafts while allowing for relative movement between them. It is designed to transmit torque from one shaft to another while compensating for misalignment, vibration, and shock. Flexible couplings are essential components in various rotating machinery and systems, as they help protect the connected equipment and enhance overall performance.
Types of Flexible Couplings:
There are several types of flexible couplings, each with its unique design and characteristics. Some common types include:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings feature elastomer spiders that fit between two hubs. They can accommodate angular and parallel misalignment while dampening vibrations.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs to connect the shafts. They are highly flexible and provide excellent misalignment compensation.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings use gear teeth to transmit torque. They offer high torque capacity and can handle moderate misalignment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, such as a metal beam, to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a bellows-like structure to allow for axial, angular, and parallel misalignment compensation.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot to allow for misalignment compensation.
How a Flexible Coupling Works:
The operation of a flexible coupling depends on its specific design, but the general principles are similar. Let’s take the example of a jaw coupling to explain how a flexible coupling works:
- Two shafts are connected to the coupling hubs on either side, with an elastomer spider placed between them.
- When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the spider to compress and deform slightly, transmitting the torque to the other shaft.
- In case of misalignment between the shafts, the elastomer spider flexes and compensates for the misalignment, ensuring smooth torque transmission without imposing excessive loads on the shafts or connected equipment.
- The elastomer spider also acts as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and shocks during operation, which reduces wear on the equipment and enhances system stability.
Overall, the flexibility and ability to compensate for misalignment are the key features that allow a flexible coupling to function effectively. The choice of a specific flexible coupling type depends on the application’s requirements, such as torque capacity, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions.
editor by CX 2023-08-14