Stainless Steel Grooved Pipe Coupling 2” DN50mm 600psi (4.0Mpa)
1. Available Size:
* 3/4” – 12” ( DN20-DN300mm)
2. Maximum Working Pressure :
* 600 CHINAMFG ( 40 bar)
* working pressure dependent on material, wall thickness and size of pipe .
* Provides a flexible pipe joint which allows for expansion, contraction and deflection
* This product joints standard Sch 40S cut grooved pipe
* Suit for pipeline medium including cold water, hot water, rare acid, Oil-free air and chemical
Body Material : SS304, SS316, SS316L, SS CE8MN, SS Duplex 2204, SS Duplex 2507
Rubber Sealing : EPDM
Bolt & Nut : SS304, SS316
5. Dimension Sheet :
Typical for all sizes
|Model S30 Stainless Steel Flexible Coupling|
|Nominal Size||Pipe O.D||Working Pressure||Pipe End Separation||Coupling Dimensions||Coupling Bolts|
|20 3/4||26.9 1.050||600 42||0-1.6 0-0.06||47 1.850||87 3.425||43 1.693||2||M10x40|
|25 1||32 1.260||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||53 2.087||90 3.543||43 1.693||2||M10x45|
|32 1 1/4||38 1.496||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||58 2.283||94 3.700||44 1.732||2||M10x45|
|32 1 1/4||42.4 1.660||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||62 2.441||106 4.173||44 1.732||2||M10x45|
|40 1 1/2||48.3 1.900||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||67 2.638||106 4.173||43 1.693||2||M10x45|
|50 2||57 2.244||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||77 3.031||116 4.567||43 1.693||2||M10x50|
|50 2||60.3 2.375||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||78 3.071||117 4.606||43 1.693||2||M10x50|
|65 2 1/2||73 2.875||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||94 3.700||134 5.275||44 1.732||2||M10x50|
|65 2 1/2||76.1 3.000||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||94 3.700||134 5.275||44 1.732||2||M10x50|
|80 3||88.9 3.500||500 35||0-1.6 0-0.06||110 4.330||150 5.905||45 1.771||2||M10x50|
|100 4||108 4.250||450 31||0-3.2 0-0.13||135 5.315||184 7.244||47 1.850||2||M12x60|
|100 4||114 4.500||450 31||0-3.2 0-0.13||139 5.472||190 7.480||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|125 5||133 5.250||400 28||0-3.2 0-0.13||164 6.456||215 8.465||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|125 5||141.3 5.563||400 28||0-3.2 0-0.13||168 6.614||215 8.465||48 1.890||2||M12x60|
|150 6||159 6.259||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||190 7.480||240 9.448||49 1.929||2||M12x70|
|150 6||168.3 6.625||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||198 7.795||246 9.685||49 1.929||2||M12x70|
|200 8||219.1 8.625||350 25||0-3.2 0-0.13||253 9.961||318 12.519||57 2.244||2||M12x70|
|250 10||273 10.750||300 21||0-3.2 0-0.13||315 12.401||396 15.590||59 2.322||2||M20x110|
|300 12||323.9 12.750||300 21||0-3.2 0-0.13||372 14.645||452 17.795||60 2.362||2||M20x110|
Can flexible couplings be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction, where the equipment operates under challenging conditions and encounters high loads, vibrations, and misalignments. Flexible couplings offer several advantages that make them suitable for these demanding environments:
- Misalignment Compensation: Heavy-duty equipment in mining and construction may experience misalignment due to the rough terrain, uneven surfaces, or heavy loads. Flexible couplings can handle both angular and parallel misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission even in these adverse conditions.
- Shock and Vibration Absorption: Mining and construction operations often involve high-impact loads and vibrations. Flexible couplings can dampen and absorb these shocks, protecting the connected components from damage and reducing wear and tear on the equipment.
- Torsional Stiffness: While flexible couplings are designed to accommodate misalignment, they still maintain a certain level of torsional stiffness to transmit torque efficiently. This is crucial in heavy-duty applications, where high torque is required to drive the machinery.
- Corrosion and Contamination Resistance: In mining and construction environments, equipment may be exposed to dust, dirt, water, and chemicals. Flexible couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials can withstand these harsh conditions, ensuring reliable performance and longevity.
- High Torque Transmission: Heavy-duty machinery often requires high torque transmission between the driving and driven components. Flexible couplings are capable of transmitting high torque efficiently, which is essential for the operation of large-scale equipment.
- Reduced Downtime: The robustness and reliability of flexible couplings in heavy-duty applications contribute to reduced downtime. By minimizing the impact of misalignment, shocks, and vibrations, flexible couplings help prevent unexpected breakdowns and maintenance issues.
When selecting a flexible coupling for heavy-duty applications, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of the machinery and the operating conditions. Factors such as the type of equipment, torque and speed requirements, environmental conditions, and expected loads should be taken into account.
Overall, flexible couplings are a versatile solution for power transmission in heavy-duty applications, providing the necessary flexibility, durability, and performance to withstand the challenges posed by the mining and construction industries.
How does a flexible coupling handle alignment issues in long-distance shaft connections?
In long-distance shaft connections, it is common to encounter alignment issues due to factors such as thermal expansion, foundation settlement, or machinery shifts. Flexible couplings play a crucial role in handling these alignment issues and ensuring efficient power transmission. Here’s how they achieve this:
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings are designed to accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments between shafts. When the shafts are not perfectly aligned, the flexibility of the coupling allows it to bend or flex, reducing the transmission of misalignment forces to connected equipment.
- Reduced Stress on Equipment: By absorbing and compensating for misalignment, flexible couplings reduce the stress and loads imposed on connected machinery. This feature is particularly important in long-distance shaft connections, where misalignment can be more pronounced.
- Torsional Flexibility: In addition to angular and parallel misalignments, long-distance shaft connections may also experience torsional misalignment. Flexible couplings can handle torsional flexibility, allowing smooth torque transmission even if the connected shafts have slightly different rotational speeds.
- Vibration Damping: Long-distance shaft connections can be susceptible to vibrations due to the extended span and potential resonance. Flexible couplings help dampen these vibrations, protecting the connected equipment from excessive wear and fatigue.
- Resilience to Shock Loads: Long-distance shaft connections in industrial settings may experience shock loads due to sudden starts, stops, or equipment malfunctions. Flexible couplings can absorb and dissipate some of these shock loads, safeguarding the connected components.
- Longevity: By mitigating the effects of misalignment, vibrations, and shock loads, flexible couplings contribute to the longevity of the connected equipment and reduce maintenance and replacement costs over time.
When selecting a flexible coupling for long-distance shaft connections, it is essential to consider factors such as the degree of misalignment, torque requirements, operating conditions, and the environment in which the coupling will be used. Regular inspection and maintenance of the flexible coupling can further enhance its performance and ensure reliable operation in long-distance shaft connections.
How do you select the appropriate flexible coupling for a specific application?
Choosing the right flexible coupling for a specific application requires careful consideration of various factors to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity. Here are the key steps to select the appropriate flexible coupling:
- Application Requirements: Understand the specific requirements of the application, including torque and speed specifications, misalignment conditions, operating environment (e.g., temperature, humidity, and presence of corrosive substances), and space limitations.
- Torque Capacity: Determine the maximum torque that the coupling needs to transmit. Choose a flexible coupling with a torque rating that exceeds the application’s requirements to ensure a safety margin and prevent premature failure.
- Misalignment Compensation: Consider the type and magnitude of misalignment that the coupling needs to accommodate. Different coupling designs offer varying degrees of misalignment compensation. Select a coupling that can handle the expected misalignment in the system.
- Vibration Damping: If the application involves significant vibrations, choose a flexible coupling with good damping properties to reduce vibration transmission to connected equipment and improve system stability.
- Environmental Factors: Take into account the environmental conditions in which the coupling will operate. For harsh environments, consider couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials.
- Torsional Stiffness: Depending on the application’s requirements, decide on the desired torsional stiffness of the coupling. Some applications may require high torsional stiffness for precise motion control, while others may benefit from a more flexible coupling for shock absorption.
- Cost and Life-Cycle Considerations: Evaluate the overall cost-effectiveness of the coupling over its expected life cycle. Consider factors such as initial cost, maintenance requirements, and potential downtime costs associated with coupling replacement.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Consult coupling manufacturers and their technical specifications to ensure the selected coupling is suitable for the intended application.
- Installation and Maintenance: Ensure that the selected flexible coupling is compatible with the equipment and shaft sizes. Follow the manufacturer’s installation guidelines and recommended maintenance practices to maximize the coupling’s performance and longevity.
By following these steps and carefully evaluating the application’s requirements, you can select the most appropriate flexible coupling for your specific needs. The right coupling choice will lead to improved system performance, reduced wear on equipment, and enhanced overall reliability in various mechanical systems and rotating machinery.
editor by CX 2023-10-02