Ductile iron universal joint
1) The Universal Flanged Adaptors and Couplings are designed for pipelines, As a wide tolerance system
2) It will fit most standard pipe materials and therefore dramatically reduces the number of dedicated Flanged Adaptors and couplings which need to be stocked for maintenance purposes.
3) It is suitable for steel, GRP, PVC, PE, Ductile Iron, Cast Ironand Asbestors Cement. When connecting PE pipes, It is important that pipe inserts are fitted to the PE pipes.
1) All the flanged adaptors are assembled by ” T ” bolts.
2) Bolts, Nuts and Washers are in carbon steel Grade 4.8, 8.8 with zinc plated, dacromet coating or according to customer’s request.
3) Body material is Ductile iron GGG500-7.
4) CZPT bonded epoxy powder coating in blue, black or red or according to customer’srequest.
5) Gaskets material: E. P. D. M., NBR or SBR.
6) Accommodate BS, DIN, ANSI flange drillings. Specification Unit Weight Sealing Ranges(mm) inches mm kgs 2″ 50 3.6 59~732 1/2″ 65 4.50 72~853″ 80 4.83 88~1034″ 100 5.51 108~1285″ 125 7.74 132~1546″ 150 8.32 159~1827″ 175 11.30 192~2098″ 200 9.95 218~23510″ 250 14.50 271~28912″ 300 18.62 322~34014″ 350 26.00 374~39116″ 400 28.85 417~43718″ 450 33.40 480~5571″ 500 50.00 526~54624″ 600 54.10 630~650.
1. Can I get free samples?
A: Yes, we can provide you the free samples, but you need to bear their own delivery costs.
2. Can I request to change the form of packaging and transportation?
A: Yes, We can change the form of the packaging and transportation according to your request, but you have to bear their own costs incurred during this period and the spreads.
3. Can I request to advance the shipment?
A: It should be depends on whether there is sufficient inventory in our warehouse.
4. Can I have my own Logo on the product?
A: Yes, you can send us your drawing and we can make your logo, but you have to bear their own the cost.
5. Can you produce the products according to my own drawings?
A: Yes, we can produce the products according to your drawings that will be most satisfy you.
6. Which price terms could accepted?
A: FOB,CIF all acceptable.
Can flexible couplings be used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both the food processing and pharmaceutical industries under certain conditions. These industries have stringent requirements for equipment used in their processes, including hygienic design, cleanliness, and resistance to contamination. Here’s how flexible couplings can be used in these industries:
- Hygienic Design: In food processing and pharmaceutical applications, flexible couplings with hygienic designs are essential to prevent the accumulation of food particles, dust, or other contaminants. Stainless steel or FDA-approved materials are commonly used to ensure compliance with hygiene standards and ease of cleaning.
- Cleanability: The equipment used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries must be easily cleanable to maintain product purity. Flexible couplings with smooth surfaces and no crevices or pockets that can trap particles are preferred.
- Chemical Resistance: Some food processing and pharmaceutical applications involve the use of cleaning agents or chemicals. Flexible couplings must be resistant to these chemicals to prevent degradation and ensure long-term reliability.
- Corrosion Resistance: In food processing and pharmaceutical environments, equipment is often exposed to washdowns and sanitizing solutions. Flexible couplings made of corrosion-resistant materials can withstand these conditions and maintain their performance over time.
- Compliance with Standards: The food processing and pharmaceutical industries are subject to strict regulations and standards. Flexible couplings used in these industries should comply with relevant industry standards, such as FDA, EHEDG, or NSF standards.
- Non-Toxic Materials: Flexible couplings used in direct contact with food or pharmaceutical products must be made of non-toxic materials that will not contaminate the process.
- Resistant to Temperature Extremes: Some food and pharmaceutical processes involve extreme temperatures. Flexible couplings must be capable of withstanding high and low temperatures without compromising their integrity.
When selecting flexible couplings for food processing and pharmaceutical applications, it is essential to work closely with manufacturers and suppliers who understand the industry’s unique requirements. Customized solutions may be necessary to ensure that the couplings meet the specific needs of the application and comply with industry standards.
Summary: Flexible couplings can be used in food processing and pharmaceutical industries when they meet the necessary hygiene, cleanability, chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, compliance with standards, and temperature resistance requirements. Proper selection and application of flexible couplings can contribute to the efficiency and reliability of equipment in these critical industries.
What are the key considerations for selecting a flexible coupling for high-speed applications?
When selecting a flexible coupling for high-speed applications, several critical considerations should be taken into account to ensure optimal performance and reliability:
- Material and Design: Choose a flexible coupling made from high-quality materials that can withstand the high rotational speeds without experiencing excessive wear or fatigue. Consider designs that are specifically engineered for high-speed applications, ensuring they have the required torsional stiffness and damping characteristics.
- Balance: Imbalance at high speeds can lead to vibration and reduce the lifespan of the coupling and connected components. Look for precision-balanced flexible couplings that minimize vibration and avoid any potential resonance issues at operating speeds.
- Torsional Stiffness: In high-speed applications, torsional stiffness is crucial to maintaining accurate rotational timing and preventing torque losses. Choose a flexible coupling with adequate torsional stiffness to minimize angular deflection under load.
- Dynamic Balancing: Dynamic balancing is essential for flexible couplings used in high-speed applications. A dynamically balanced coupling reduces vibrations caused by rotational imbalances, increasing the smoothness and stability of the system.
- Temperature Resistance: High-speed operations can generate significant heat, so select a flexible coupling that can withstand the elevated temperatures without compromising its mechanical properties or causing premature failure.
- Alignment and Runout Tolerance: Accurate alignment of the coupling with the shafts is crucial to prevent additional stress and vibration. Consider couplings with high runout tolerance and ease of alignment to facilitate proper installation.
- Service Life and Maintenance: Evaluate the expected service life of the flexible coupling in high-speed applications. Low-maintenance couplings are desirable to reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
- Application Specifics: Consider the specific requirements of the high-speed application, such as the magnitude of torque, axial movement, and the presence of shock loads. Choose a coupling that can handle these specific demands while maintaining performance at high speeds.
- Compliance with Standards: Ensure that the selected flexible coupling complies with relevant industry standards and specifications, especially those related to high-speed performance and safety.
By carefully considering these key factors, engineers can choose a flexible coupling that meets the demands of high-speed applications, delivering reliable and efficient power transmission while minimizing the risk of premature wear, vibration, and downtime.
How does a flexible coupling protect connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations?
Flexible couplings play a crucial role in protecting connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations by providing damping and isolation capabilities. When machines or mechanical systems experience sudden shock loads or vibrations, the flexible coupling acts as a buffer, absorbing and dissipating the impact, thereby reducing the transmitted forces and protecting the equipment. Here’s how flexible couplings achieve this:
- Damping of Vibrations: Flexible couplings are often made from materials that exhibit damping properties. When vibrations are transmitted through the shafts, the flexible coupling’s material can absorb a portion of the vibrational energy, converting it into heat. This dissipation of energy helps reduce the amplitude of the vibrations and prevents them from propagating further into the connected equipment.
- Vibration Isolation: In addition to damping vibrations, flexible couplings also offer a degree of vibration isolation. They are designed to decouple the two shafts, which means that vibrations occurring on one shaft are not directly transmitted to the other shaft. This isolation effect prevents vibrations from propagating across the entire system and minimizes the impact on sensitive equipment or nearby components.
- Shock Absorption: When the connected machinery experiences sudden shock loads, such as during a startup or abrupt changes in load, the flexible coupling can act as a shock absorber. The coupling’s design allows it to deform slightly under the impact, absorbing and distributing the shock energy. This prevents the shock from being directly transferred to the connected equipment, reducing the risk of damage or premature wear.
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings are capable of compensating for misalignment between the shafts. Misalignment can lead to additional stresses and vibrations in the system. By allowing for some degree of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, the flexible coupling reduces the forces transmitted to the connected equipment and the supporting structures.
- Reduction of Resonance Effects: Resonance is a phenomenon that occurs when the natural frequency of a system matches the frequency of external vibrations, leading to amplified vibrations. Flexible couplings can help avoid resonance effects by altering the system’s natural frequency and providing some level of flexibility that damps the resonance response.
By incorporating a flexible coupling into the drivetrain or power transmission system, equipment manufacturers and operators can significantly improve the reliability and longevity of connected machinery. The coupling’s ability to dampen vibrations, isolate shocks, and compensate for misalignment contributes to a smoother and more stable operation, reducing maintenance requirements and enhancing overall system performance.
In summary, flexible couplings act as protective elements, shielding connected equipment from shock loads and vibrations. Their ability to dampen vibrations, isolate shocks, and compensate for misalignment contributes to a smoother and more reliable operation of various mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-09-14