FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Package||Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
How do flexible couplings handle shaft misalignment in rotating equipment?
Flexible couplings are designed to handle shaft misalignment in rotating equipment, providing several key features that allow them to accommodate misalignment effectively. Here’s how they work:
- Angular Misalignment: Flexible couplings can handle angular misalignment, which occurs when the axes of the connected shafts are not perfectly aligned. The coupling’s flexible elements allow for slight angular deviation, ensuring that the torque can still be transmitted smoothly between the shafts.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment occurs when the connected shafts are not perfectly in line but run parallel to each other. Flexible couplings can compensate for this misalignment by utilizing their ability to flex or slide, allowing the shafts to remain connected while maintaining rotational integrity.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment refers to the situation where the connected shafts have a slight axial displacement. Some flexible couplings have specific designs to handle axial misalignment, allowing for limited movement along the axial direction without compromising the connection between the shafts.
- Double Flexing: Certain types of flexible couplings, such as the double-flexing couplings, can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments simultaneously. These couplings use two sets of flexible elements to achieve this capability, providing a higher degree of misalignment compensation.
Overall, the flexibility of the coupling’s material and design allows it to bend, flex, or slide in response to the misalignment, reducing the stress on the connected equipment and ensuring smooth power transmission. By accommodating misalignment, flexible couplings help prevent premature wear, reduce vibration, and extend the service life of the rotating equipment.
What are the maintenance intervals and practices for extending the life of a flexible coupling?
Proper maintenance of a flexible coupling is essential to ensure its longevity and reliable performance. The maintenance intervals and practices for flexible couplings may vary depending on the coupling type, application, and operating conditions. Here are some general maintenance guidelines to extend the life of a flexible coupling:
- Regular Inspection: Conduct visual inspections of the coupling regularly to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, corrosion, or any other visible issues.
- Lubrication: Some flexible couplings may require periodic lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for the appropriate lubrication type and schedule.
- Alignment Checks: Ensure that the connected shafts remain properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to premature wear and failure of the coupling and other components.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels in the system and ensure they are within the coupling’s rated capacity. Excessive torque can overload the coupling and cause damage.
- Temperature and Environmental Considerations: Ensure that the operating temperatures and environmental conditions are within the coupling’s specified limits. Extreme temperatures, aggressive chemicals, or corrosive environments can impact the coupling’s performance.
- Inspection After Shock Loads: If the system experiences shock loads or unexpected impacts, inspect the coupling for any signs of damage immediately.
- Replace Damaged or Worn Couplings: If any damage or wear is detected during inspections, replace the flexible coupling promptly to avoid potential failures.
- Periodic Re-Tightening: For certain coupling designs, periodic re-tightening of fasteners may be necessary to maintain proper clamping force.
- Follow Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Always follow the maintenance instructions provided by the coupling manufacturer. They can provide specific recommendations based on the coupling model and application.
It is crucial to develop a maintenance plan specific to the application and coupling type. Regularly scheduled maintenance, adherence to recommended practices, and proactive inspection can help identify issues early and prevent costly breakdowns. Additionally, record-keeping of maintenance activities can provide valuable data on the coupling’s performance and aid in future maintenance decisions.
How does a flexible coupling affect the noise and vibration levels in a mechanical system?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in controlling noise and vibration levels in a mechanical system. It can significantly impact the overall smoothness and quietness of the system’s operation, contributing to enhanced performance and reduced wear on connected components.
Flexible couplings help reduce noise in a mechanical system through their inherent ability to dampen vibrations. When the shafts of rotating machinery are not perfectly aligned, it can lead to vibrations that are transmitted throughout the system, resulting in noise generation. The elastomeric or flexible element of the coupling acts as a vibration dampener, absorbing and dissipating these vibrations. As a result, the noise levels in the system are reduced, creating a quieter operating environment.
Vibrations in a mechanical system can lead to increased wear and tear on critical components, such as bearings, seals, and gears. Excessive vibrations can also cause resonance and damage to the system over time. Flexible couplings can effectively dampen vibrations by acting as a buffer between the driving and driven shafts. The flexible element absorbs the shock and vibrations, preventing them from propagating to other parts of the system. This vibration damping capability not only reduces noise but also protects the system from potential mechanical failures, extending the lifespan of the equipment.
Misalignment between shafts is a common cause of vibration and noise in rotating machinery. Flexible couplings excel at compensating for both angular and parallel misalignment. By accommodating misalignment, the coupling reduces the forces acting on the shafts and minimizes the generation of vibrations and noise. Proper alignment through the use of a flexible coupling ensures that the system operates smoothly and quietly.
Effect on Equipment Reliability:
Reducing noise and vibration levels has a positive impact on the reliability of connected equipment. Lower vibrations mean less stress on bearings and other rotating components, leading to extended component life and reduced maintenance requirements. A quieter operating environment can also be essential for certain applications, such as in laboratories or precision manufacturing processes, where excessive noise can interfere with delicate tasks or measurements.
Flexible couplings find application in a wide range of industries, such as manufacturing, power generation, material handling, automotive, aerospace, and robotics. They are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other rotating machinery where noise and vibration control are critical for smooth and reliable operation.
A flexible coupling’s ability to reduce noise and dampen vibrations makes it an essential component in mechanical systems. By compensating for misalignment and providing vibration dampening properties, the flexible coupling enhances the overall system performance, reduces noise levels, and protects connected equipment from excessive wear and mechanical failures. Choosing the right type of flexible coupling based on the specific application requirements can have a significant impact on noise reduction and vibration control in the mechanical system.
editor by CX 2023-10-07