FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
Can flexible couplings accommodate variable operating conditions and loads?
Yes, flexible couplings are designed to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads in mechanical systems. They offer several features that allow them to adapt to changing conditions and handle different loads effectively. Below are the reasons why flexible couplings are well-suited for such applications:
Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can handle misalignment between shafts, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. This capability allows them to accommodate slight shifts in shaft positions that may occur due to thermal expansion, vibration, or other factors, ensuring smooth operation even in changing conditions.
Shock and Vibration Absorption: Flexible couplings can dampen shocks and vibrations that result from sudden changes in load or operating conditions. The flexible element in the coupling acts as a buffer, absorbing and reducing the impact of sudden loads or transient forces, protecting connected equipment and increasing system reliability.
Variable Load Capacity: Flexible couplings come in various designs and materials, each with its load capacity range. Manufacturers provide different coupling models with varying load capacities to accommodate different applications. Properly selecting the right coupling for the specific load conditions ensures reliable power transmission even under varying loads.
Compensation for Thermal Expansion: Temperature changes can cause thermal expansion in mechanical systems, leading to shaft misalignment. Flexible couplings can handle the resulting misalignment, compensating for thermal expansion and ensuring continuous and smooth power transmission.
Torsional Stiffness: Flexible couplings are designed with a balance between flexibility and torsional stiffness. This property allows them to adapt to variable loads while still providing the necessary rigidity for efficient power transmission.
Durable Materials and Designs: Manufacturers produce flexible couplings from durable materials like stainless steel, aluminum, or engineered elastomers. These materials ensure that the couplings can withstand varying operating conditions, including temperature fluctuations, harsh environments, and high loads.
Dynamic Behavior: Flexible couplings have a dynamic behavior that enables them to operate smoothly and efficiently under changing loads and speeds. They can handle variations in rotational speed and torque while maintaining consistent performance.
Application Flexibility: Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, from automotive and aerospace to industrial and marine. Their versatility allows them to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads in different systems.
Summary: Flexible couplings are well-suited for applications with variable operating conditions and loads. Their ability to compensate for misalignment, absorb shocks and vibrations, and handle thermal expansion make them reliable components in mechanical systems. The availability of various coupling designs and materials allows for the selection of the appropriate coupling based on the specific application requirements, ensuring optimal performance and longevity in variable conditions.
How does a flexible coupling contribute to reducing maintenance and downtime costs?
A flexible coupling plays a significant role in reducing maintenance and downtime costs in mechanical systems. Here are the ways in which it achieves this:
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments between shafts. By absorbing and compensating for misalignment, they reduce wear and stress on connected equipment, minimizing the risk of premature failures and the need for frequent adjustments.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings dampen vibrations and shock loads in the system. This not only protects the connected components from excessive wear but also reduces the likelihood of damage to bearings, seals, and other critical parts, which would otherwise require frequent replacement or repair.
- Protection Against Shock Loads: In applications where sudden starts, stops, or load fluctuations occur, flexible couplings can absorb and dissipate some of the shock loads, preventing potential damage to machinery. This feature extends the equipment’s lifespan and minimizes unplanned downtime.
- Longevity of Components: By reducing stress and wear on connected components, flexible couplings contribute to their longevity. Components such as bearings, shafts, and gears are subject to less strain and fatigue, resulting in extended service intervals and reduced replacement costs.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: Flexible couplings are relatively easy to install and require minimal maintenance. Routine inspections to check for wear or damage can be done without significant downtime, allowing proactive maintenance to address any issues before they escalate.
- Adaptability to Operating Conditions: Flexible couplings can handle variations in operating conditions, such as temperature fluctuations and different types of loads. Their ability to accommodate changing conditions reduces the need for frequent adjustments or component replacements due to environmental factors.
- Reduced Downtime during Maintenance: In the event of maintenance or equipment repairs, flexible couplings can be quickly disconnected and reconnected, minimizing the downtime required for servicing. This quick replacement reduces production losses and improves overall system efficiency.
Overall, the use of flexible couplings in mechanical systems promotes reliability, extends the life of equipment, and helps prevent costly breakdowns. By reducing maintenance and downtime costs, flexible couplings contribute to improved productivity and profitability for industrial operations.
How does a flexible coupling handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment?
A flexible coupling is designed to accommodate various types of misalignment between two rotating shafts: angular misalignment, parallel misalignment, and axial misalignment. The flexibility of the coupling allows it to maintain a connection between the shafts while compensating for these misalignment types. Here’s how a flexible coupling handles each type of misalignment:
- Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the two shafts are not collinear and form an angle with each other. Flexible couplings can handle angular misalignment by incorporating an element that can flex and bend. One common design is the “spider” or “jaw” element, which consists of elastomeric materials. As the shafts are misaligned, the elastomeric element can deform slightly, allowing the coupling to accommodate the angular offset between the shafts while still transmitting torque.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment, also known as offset misalignment, occurs when the axes of the two shafts are parallel but not perfectly aligned with each other. Flexible couplings can handle parallel misalignment through the same elastomeric element. The flexible nature of the element enables it to shift and adjust to the offset between the shafts, ensuring continuous power transmission while minimizing additional stresses on the machinery.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also called end-play misalignment, occurs when the two shafts move closer together or farther apart along their common axis. Flexible couplings can handle axial misalignment through specific designs that allow limited axial movement. For instance, some couplings use slotted holes or a floating member that permits axial displacement while maintaining the connection between the shafts.
By providing the capability to handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, flexible couplings offer several advantages for power transmission systems:
- They help to prevent premature wear and damage to the connected equipment, reducing maintenance and replacement costs.
- They minimize vibration and shock loads, enhancing the overall smoothness and reliability of the machinery.
- They reduce the risk of equipment failure due to misalignment-induced stresses, improving the system’s operational life.
- They allow for easier installation and alignment adjustments, saving time and effort during setup and maintenance.
Overall, flexible couplings play a crucial role in handling misalignment and ensuring efficient power transmission in various industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-11-30